Saturday, November 28, 2009

In response to Katie

Has a manager ever motivated you in a particular way that made you more motivated?

Yes, I have had a manager motivate me in some way. Recently during the month of october at my job, I cashier at a convenient store, we had to sell these pumkins for donations. We would ask the customer, would you like to donate to teh march of dimes? If they wanted to donate they would give us a dollar and we would put their name on a little paper pumpkin up on the wall. So most of us cashiers would always forget to ask, so we would end up asking only a few customers throughout the day. The manager would get mad and always be all over us to ask EVERY customer. So the manager came up with an incentive, who ever sold the most paper pumpkins by the end of the month would get $50. Now we all asked almost every customer and we ended up selling a lot of pumpkins. I didnt win but I sold a lot more than i would have with out a prize incentive.

Is that right to bribe employees with cash?

No comments:

Post a Comment